Brite People. Brite Solutions
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Co-Op is responsible for applying the concepts and experience obtained in the classroom to several real-world business networks. Throughout the approximately six-month assignment, SOC Co-Ops will be expected to monitor and investigate events triggered from our central SIEM platform. Utilizing the data present within those tools, SOC Co-Ops will follow pre-existing playbooks to troubleshoot and make remediation recommendations to the impacted customer’s point of contact. Additionally, Co-Ops will work side-by-side with SOC Analysts to develop their skillset by continually evaluating each client’s network’s security posture to identify any gaps in visibility and effectively present those to the customer for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Monitors the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform continuously.
- Investigates incidents that are presented within the SIEM with an ability to follow pre-defined playbooks to take corrective actions or recommendations to the customer.
- Escalates incidents to SOC Analysts where a definitive decision on what to do cannot be made.
- Generates reports for IT administrators, business managers, and security leaders within the customer’s organization. These reports serve as an input to evaluate the efficacy of the security policies and toolset configuration.
- Advises and implements necessary changes required to counter the attack or improve the security posture of the customer’s network.
- Utilizes a mentor relationship with SOC Analysts and the Business Account Manager to continually evaluate and advance their skillset.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education & Experience
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Information Security or related field is required.
- Previous Co-Op or internship experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of fundamental network concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and remain current on changes in technology.
- Ability to focus on the process and importance of documentation.
- Strong desire to continue to learn and be educated in the IT Security field.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Brite is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com