So far, we asked: Are Forescout and CrowdStrike are better together? And are Forescout and ServiceNow better together? Today, we’re tackling if Forescout and Vulnerability Assessment Tools – Qualys, Rapid7 and Tenable – are better together. (Spoiler: they are).
Our ‘Better Together’ series focuses on how to increase value of security tools, both in terms of security and investments. This blog will…
- Establish the Forescout foundation
- Explore Forescout and Vulnerability Assessment Tools use cases
- Hear from Forescout Product Development
Forescout Foundation + eyeExtend Module
This series builds on maximizing and extending Forescout’s visibility capabilities to increase security and actions with complementary security tools. The Forescout eyeExtend module allows for bidirectional API communication with other tools to share contextual insights and automate actions and controls.
If you’re unfamiliar with Forescout, the visibility platform provides real-time, immediate insights of devices connected to the network. And it continues to be an essential foundation in security plans as the number of devices connected to the network continues to increase.
Better Together: Forescout and Vulnerability Assessment Tools
Vulnerability tools, such as Qualys, Rapid7 and Tenable, are a staple in security, capitalizing on automation to detect weaknesses. When paired with Forescout, the tools are better together. To explain the benefits of the integration, let’s look at the 3 major use cases:
- Verify software has been installed to meet compliance through visibility into devices connected to the network. This is Forescout’s specialty, identify all devices the second they connect to the network.
- Forescout will inquire when the last vulnerability scan was. If there was no scan inside the appropriate window, Forescout will communicate to the vulnerability tool to kick off a scan prior to connecting to the network.
- Automatically respond to vulnerability assessment scan results with Forescout network controls. Based off the vulnerability scan, Forescout will either allow for full connectivity or quarantine the device until remediation.
Hear from Forescout product development to hear more about the powerful combination of Forescout and Vulnerability Tools – Qualys, Rapid7, and Tenable.